- 拥挤 (yōng jǐ) Congested / Crowded Literal. Wrap and cram
- 拥有 (yōng yǒu) In possession of Literal. Wrapped and in possession – often used for intangibles like love, freedom, time, power etc...
+ SIMILAR CHARACTERS +
Basic component: 用 (yòng) Use – not to be confused with 甩 (shuǎi)
- 用心 (yòng xīn) Diligently Literal. Use one's heart
- 用力 (yòng lì) Forcefully Literal. Use one's strength
- 利用 (lì yòng) Utilize / Take advantage of Literal. Beneficial use
亻Human Radical + 用 = 佣 (yōng) Servant
- 女佣 (nǚ yōng) Maid Literal. Human use
+ PERSONAL NOTE +
Although 擁 is the Traditional version of 拥, 雍 is not the Tradition version of 用 – they are two different characters.
雍 (yōng), which means "harmony", is a character often associated with Yongzheng Emperor (雍正皇帝) of the Qing Dynasty. Not to be missed in Beijing is the 雍和宫 (yōng hé gōng) Yonghe Temple, popularly known as the Lama Temple, was a part imperial palace for Yongzheng and part monastery for Tibetian Buddhism. The fusion of Han Chinese and Tibetian styles in the intricate details (architecture and artefacts) remains a wonder for history and culture lovers.