1. This / In this way
- 当然 (dāng rán) Certainly / Without a doubt Literal. Corresponding to this
- 不然 (bù rán) Otherwise Literal. Not in this way
- 然后 (rán hòu) Afterwards Literal. In this way and after
Structural particle added after adjectives to form adverbs
- 欣然 (xīn rán) Gladly / Happily
- 显然 (xiǎn rán) Obviously
- 自然 (zì rán) Naturally / Nature
- 突然 (tū rán) Suddenly
+ A LITTLE MORE +
Interestingly, Sudden (突) symbolizes a Canine (犬) emerge out of a Cave (穴) and 然 consists of Canine Meat (肰) on Fire (灬) – which is the basis for Burn (燃). The Mouth (犬) of a Canine (犬), Barks (吠), and having two Canines guarding one's Speech (讠) is Prison (狱).
It is important to know that the 犭(Animal) Radical was originally derived from 犬 (quǎn) and used mainly for the Canine family such as Dogs (狗), Wolves/ Coyotes (狼) and Foxes (狐狸).
However, during the change from Traditional to Simplified Chinese, "犭" is used for Pigs (猪) and Cats (猫) which used to be written as - 豬 and 貓 respectively.