Cold Antonym. 热 (rè)
- 冷水 (lěng shuǐ) Cold water
- 冷面 (lěng miàn) Cold noodles
- 冷盘 (lěng pán) Cold dish – usually small dishes served before Mains
- 冷血 (lěng xuě) Cold blooded
- 外面很冷 (wài miàn hén lěng) It is cold outside Literal. Outside very cold
+ A LITTLE MORE +
- 冷静 (lěng jìng) Calm / Cool Literal. Cold and silent – describes a person's composure
- 冷清 (lěng qīng) Empty / Desolate Literal. Cold and clear – describes an atmosphere
- 冷漠 (lěng mò) Indifferent Literal. Cold desert – describes a person's attitude towards someone or others
- 冷笑 (lěng xiào) Scoff / Scorn / Sarcasm Literal. Cold laugh
- 冷面笑匠 (lěng miàn xiào jiàng) A person who is very good a telling jokes with a deadpan face Literal. Cold face laughing artisan – note that this phrase comprises of characters that have multiple meanings:
- 面 does not always refer to noodles, it has the meaning of "Surface of an object" or "Face or a person"
- 笑 covers a wide spectrum from a small Smile (微笑) to a big Hearty Laugh (大笑), and even a Joke (笑话)
- 匠 refers to someone who is very skilful, from an entry-level craftsman to a maestro.