1. Name known identity
- 姓名 (xìng míng) Full name Literal. Surname, Name – In Chinese, the Surname or Last name (姓) comes before the First name (名)
- 笔名 (bǐ míng) Pen name
- 名单 (míng dān) Name list
- 名人 (míng rén) Celebrity Literal. Well-known person
- 名声 (míng shēng) Reputation Literal. Well-known sound
- 名著 (míng zhù) Masterpiece Literal. Well-known work of art
- 名牌 (míng pái) Well-known brand
3. Identity of Classifier.
For people, often by occupation or generic term
- 一名护士 (yì míng hù shì) A nurse Literal. An identity of nurse；
- 好几名乘客 (háo jǐ míng chéng kè) A few passengers Literal. A few identities of passengers
+ A LITTLE MORE +
- 莫名 (mò míng) Unexplainabled Literal. Cannot identify – widely used to describe an emotion that is somewhat ridiculous but couldn't help but feel that way
- 名分 (míng fèn) Rights and recognition Literal. Identity sharing – widely used to describe the status when one is married. In the past, it was essential to be someone's "Missus", rather than a lover.