1. Beam shaft(s) of light
- 光年 (guāng nián) Light year
- 阳光 (yang guāng) Sunshine Literal. Solar beams
- 月光 (yuè guāng) Moonbeam
- 灯光 (dēng guāng) Lighting
- 光盘 (guāng pán) CD or DVD Literal. Beam plate
- 光荣 (guāng róng) Glorious Literal. Illuminate and flourish
- 光辉 (guāng hūi) Brillance Literal. Illuminated splendour
- 光临 (guāng lín) Illuminated arrival
- 光环 (guāng huán) Halo Literal. Illuminated ring
- 光头 (guāng tóu) Bald Literal. Bare head
- 穷光蛋 (qíong guāng dàn) Penniless dud Literal. Poor and bare fellow
+ PERSONAL NOTE +
By tradition, one is expected to get married and procreate to extend the family tree, hence, those with no branches and leaves are termed as 光棍 (guāng gùn) Single (person) Literal. Bare stick.
In China, 11 November is known as Singles' Day (光棍节) as the numeral "1" is symbolic of a "lone individual". It started out as a day to celebrate the pride of being single and later develop into a celebration of intensive online shopping.