Mulberry plant species
- 桑树 (sāng shù) Mulberry tree
- 桑叶 (sāng yè) Mulberry leaves
+ A LITTLE MORE +:
- 沧桑 (cāng sāng) is the short form of 沧海桑田 (cāng hǎi sāng tián) Immense changes over time Literal. Vast sea Mulberry fields – derived from the idea of vast seas transforming into fields for Mulberry trees cultivation and vice versa. In modern-day context, it would probably be similar to buildings being constructed over barren land and overtime, torn down to nothingness yet, some time after, skyscrapers are being erected......
- 历经沧桑 (lì jīng cāng sāng) Experienced immense changes over time – often used to descibe a person who is either very old or someone who has been through a lot of drastic changes in life
+ NAMES TO NOTE +
Often used to translate a similar sounding word in other languages
- 桑耶寺(sāng yē sì) Samye Monastery or Samye Gompa
- 桑耶 (sāng yē) Samya town, Central Tibet
- 桑日 (sāng rì) Sangri, a town located in Tibet Autonomous Region in China
- 桑拿 (sāng ná) Sauna – Finnish word
- 桑巴 (sāng bā) Samba – Brazilian word
+ PERSONAL NOTE +
夏桑菊 (xià sang jú) is a cooling tisane made from Prunella Vulgaris extracts (夏枯草), Mulberry leaves (桑叶) and Chrysanthemum flowers (菊花). In Chinese communities, it is a popular beverage to relieve cold, flu, fever, sore throat, bad breath and other ailments.